Calendar of Events
State Park Activities
• Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park Day Use Parking lots one and two are open for picnic areas. The Warden's Path, River Path, Nature Trail, and Liewald Fla, Valley View, Mount Manual and Buzzard's Roost trails are open.
CLOSED TRAILS: Pfeiffer Falls and the Pine Ridge trails. OPEN TRAILS: Gorge, Mount Manuel, Buzzard's Roost, Valley View, Liewald Flats, Redwood Deck, Nature Trail, River Path and Warden’s Path.
• Andrew Molera State Park is open to the beach via the Creamary Meadow Trail.
• Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park is open for hiking west of HIghway 1 including overlook trail at McWay Falls and Partington Cove.
CLOSED TRAILS: Ewoldsen, Tanbark, Waters and the Tinhouse Fire Road trails.
• Garrapata State Park Trails west of Highway 1 are open. Soberanes Canyon Trail is partially open. It will be open exclusively from the main, gated trailhead across from Gate 8 of the Garrapata coastal trail. Hikers will be able to proceed to the back of the canyon along the 1.25 mile length of the trail. It will be an out and back hike since the Rocky Ridge portion of the trail will remain closed due to hazardous conditions.
• Pfeiffer Beach is only open weekends until road construction is finished this fall.
• Point Sur Lightstation is open.
POINT SUR LIGHTSTATION STATE HISTORIC PARK TOURS
"Walking Tour into the Past" Volunteer led, three-hour walking tour on paved road. The walk is less than a mile but with a rise in elevation of 300'. Meet along the West Side of Highway 1, ¼ mile north of Pt. Sur Naval facility. Arrive early. Tour size limited.
(September through March):
Saturdays and Sundays : 10:00 AM
Wednesdays: 1:00 PM
(April through August)
Saturdays and Sundays: 2:00 PM
Wednesdays: 1:00 PM
Ages 6-17: $5.00
Age 5 and under: free.
Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover accepted
Songs Hotbox Harry Taught Us
Stephen El Rey
Marty O'Reilly & The Old Soul Orchestra
Matt Masih and The Messingers
House of Mary