Calendar of Events
State Park Activities
• Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park Day Use Parking lots one and two are open for picnic areas.
OPEN TRAILS: Gorge, Mount Manuel, Buzzard's Roost, Valley View, Liewald Flats, Redwood Deck, Nature Trail, River Path, Warden’s Path, and Pine Ridge Trail to Sykes Hot Spring.
Pfeiffer Falls trail to reopen Friday, June 18, 2021.
Campfire Program begins Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
• Andrew Molera State Park is open to the beach via the Creamary Meadow Trail.
• Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park April 4, 2019: Due to severe storm damage to the park's entrance station and restroom, Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park will be closed until further notice. The McWay waterfall can still be seen from the pullout just north of the park entrance on Highway 1 near mile marker 36.2. Please check the website periodically for updates.
For more details, please visit our press release: https://www.parks.ca.gov/NewsRelease/876.
CLOSED TRAILS: Ewoldsen, Tanbark, Waters and the Tinhouse Fire Road trails.
• Garrapata State Park Trails west of Highway 1 are open. Soberanes Canyon Trail is partially open. It will be open exclusively from the main, gated trailhead across from Gate 8 of the Garrapata coastal trail. Hikers will be able to proceed to the back of the canyon along the 1.25 mile length of the trail. It will be an out and back hike since the Rocky Ridge portion of the trail will remain closed due to hazardous conditions.
• Pfeiffer Beach is open.
• Point Sur Lightstation is open.
Hello HIPNIC Attendees,
We are moving HIPNIC XII to September 24, 25 & 26, 2021. All of your weekend passes that were originally purchased for HIPNIC 2020 (or subsequent dates) will automatically transfer to the new September 2021 dates.
If you choose to request a refund you have until Wednesday, March 17th at 12PM to do so.
To get a refund for your tickets and camping passes simply reply to the Eventbrite email with your request. For those of you with lodging (cabin, room, tent cabin) and ticket packages, please call Fernwood directly at 831-667-2422 to request your refund.
Again, you have until March 17 at 12pm to request your refund. After that, tickets will return to a non-refundable state.
If you have a reservation at Fernwood for the Thursday before the previous Hipnic dates (on May 20th), you need to call Fernwood at 831-667-2422 to make the necessary changes to those reservations. Those are separate reservations from the Hipnic tickets.
After March 17 we will be allowing an opportunity for people who would like to upgrade their camping packages to rooms, cabins, tent cabins or adventure tents that could become available. The 2021 line-up will be announced at High Noon on Friday, March 10th at High Noon
Please stay tuned for more info and thank you for your continued patience and support!
We can't wait to see you all in September when we can safely gather outdoors with a reduced capacity weekend event.
(((fyp!))) & Fernwood Resort