Calendar of Events
State Park Activities
• Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park Day Use Parking lots one and two are open for picnic areas.
OPEN TRAILS: Gorge, Mount Manuel, Buzzard's Roost, Valley View, Liewald Flats, Redwood Deck, Nature Trail, River Path and Warden’s Path.
CLOSED TRAILS: Pfeiffer Falls and the Pine Ridge trails.
Campfire Program begins Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
• Andrew Molera State Park is open to the beach via the Creamary Meadow Trail.
• Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park April 4, 2019: Due to severe storm damage to the park's entrance station and restroom, Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park will be closed until further notice. The McWay waterfall can still be seen from the pullout just north of the park entrance on Highway 1 near mile marker 36.2. Please check the website periodically for updates.
For more details, please visit our press release: https://www.parks.ca.gov/NewsRelease/876.
CLOSED TRAILS: Ewoldsen, Tanbark, Waters and the Tinhouse Fire Road trails.
• Garrapata State Park Trails west of Highway 1 are open. Soberanes Canyon Trail is partially open. It will be open exclusively from the main, gated trailhead across from Gate 8 of the Garrapata coastal trail. Hikers will be able to proceed to the back of the canyon along the 1.25 mile length of the trail. It will be an out and back hike since the Rocky Ridge portion of the trail will remain closed due to hazardous conditions.
• Pfeiffer Beach is open.
• Point Sur Lightstation is closed for repair and expected to open in "late fall."
Dear guests, friends and family.
As you are all probably aware, Governor Gavin Newsom and the CDC have ordered that all bars be closed to prevent the spreading of the Corona Virus. It is with a heavy heart that Fernwood will be cancelling our music events for the months of March and April and we will be closing the Bar and Grill.
The Grocery Store, Motel and Campground remain open and we would love to see you take advantage of this opportunity to come and camp with us. Camping is the perfect escape for your family. Bring your own gear, keep as much personal space from others as you feel is necessary and breathe in deeply the fresh and clean Big Sur air. We hope to see you all soon.
Your friends at Fernwood Resort
Doors 9/Show 10 PM
Los Angeles has often been described as a "dream factory"–both a mecca where dreamers converge to pursue long-held aspirations, and a topography of hallucinogenic contradictions: enchanting tangerine sunsets diffused by smog, crystal-clutching spiritualists mingling with deep-pocketed narcissists, rows of scenic palms competing with garish billboards for commuters' attention. It was against this backdrop that the four members of La Luz–singer/guitarist Shana Cleveland, drummer Marian Li Pino, keyboardist Alice Sandahl, and bassist Lena Simon–conceived of Floating Features, the band's third studio album. For this, their most ambitious release yet, La Luz consulted landscapes both physical and psychological.
Friday - Sunday, May 15-17
TICKETS HERE 1/22 @ HIGH NOON
House of Mary
The Donnis Trio
Characterized by the baritone vocals of Nate Donnis, the precise/intricate rhythm section of Phil Woodring (Drums) and Denis Sluka (Bass), the Donnis Trio is a folk/rock band from San Diego, Ca. Their music has received over 27 million plays on Pandora radio and music from their albums has been placed in shows like Skins (UK), Breaking Amish, 90210, MTV, and more. Stylistically their music gravitates towards influences such as Tom Waits, Wilco, and Eddie Vedder. Their latest album "Chroma" furthers this tradition with rich arrangements and artfully crafted songs.
Hunter and the Dirty Jacks
Edge of Art
Moshe Vilozny and Friends
B and the Hive